It has been a good week for me. I made a list of some of the little things in my life that seem to constantly get overlooked or there just never seems to be time for, and managed to work them into my schedule. Things like thank you notes for Christmas presents to the kids. Most years those never get done even though there are only a few to do.
I delt with several financial issues I have been putting off. Changed the due date of our car loan, and set up payment plans with several medical offices just to name a couple. Dealing with the finances is one of those areas where I experience anxiety. Not every time, but now and then the thought of having to log in to the bank to check the balance almost makes me panicky. To take charge of that I have started checking it every day, whether there is a reason to or not, just to be on top of it and make it a part of my routine. Next week I plan on nailing down a plan to pay off the dozen or so medical bills that we have right now, as well as working out a budget with Ed. He is pretty happy that the bills get paid and no one is calling from a collection agency in the middle of dinner, but I think it will help me to say no to some expenditures once we are both on the same page.
The other big accomplishment for this week was getting my son enrolled in a tutoring program. We decided to do it, at the urging of his dad, a while ago, but my procrastinating nature took over as well as my fear of the unknown. Now that he will be starting I feel like I am truly doing all I can to help him get his grades up.
15 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment