
We spent this weekend preparing for and attending Ahren's youth group's biggest fund raiser of the year. The "Fancy Dessert Auction".
I have been contrubuting to this auction for about 8 years, and I am always shocked at the support the congregation gives the youth.
For example, I made a chocolate decadence cake. My total cost for ingredients, around $12.50. This cake sold for $110.
Our family made a total of 4 desserts that raised $300. Nora made a heart shaped regular old out of the box cake (below) that was purchased by a member of the youth group for $50. Ahren's Cookies N Cream cake took in $60, and Ed made some conffetti crisps on a cracker base that sold for $20 per plate.
I have been contrubuting to this auction for about 8 years, and I am always shocked at the support the congregation gives the youth.
For example, I made a chocolate decadence cake. My total cost for ingredients, around $12.50. This cake sold for $110.
Our family made a total of 4 desserts that raised $300. Nora made a heart shaped regular old out of the box cake (below) that was purchased by a member of the youth group for $50. Ahren's Cookies N Cream cake took in $60, and Ed made some conffetti crisps on a cracker base that sold for $20 per plate.
The money goes toward the senior high mission trip every other year.


You will have to share the recipe for the decadence cake!
ReplyDelete