Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A day with the ducks

Ok, it wasnt' a whole day. More like an hour - maybe. Last week when grandma and grandpa were here they took everyone to the park to feed the ducks. It was COLD and windy, so there wasn't a lot of playing around. Ahren did take time to teach at least one duck to jump for it's dinner.
I had my day care kids so I didn't go on this outing, but I was told all about the event. Evidently soon after this picture was shot all of the ducks decided it was time to head to the pond, at the same time. Nora said it was scary, Ahren thought it was pretty cool, Ed said he went between having "the Birds" flashbacks and just hoping none of them needed to poop.


When I was a kid I can remember there being about 12-20 ducks in this pond. Just enough to feed, but not enough to keep us from swimming in it. Now there are hundreds of them and the water is murky and kind of green. This day it was so cold no one would have considered getting in the water anyway.
The kids had a great time and came home wanting hot chocolate. Which grandpa and grandma ran to the store and got for them, with extra marshmallows, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment